Thursday, June 19, 2008

On the Guthrie Family

Holla

This song is called "Gotta Prove"


Its Johnny Irion and Sarah Lee Guthrie.
They've got a couple of albums out, now.
A damn good sound if you ask me




You can download a couple of the .mp3s at their website, too.

But the part that I think is maybe even cooler...
is the lineage.

Sarah = daughter of Arlo


yeah, don't you pretend like you don't know who Arlo is!!!
Everyone Knows Alice's Restaurant!!!
And if you're Really good, then you know his other songs, too
like
"Coming into Los Angeles"
or
or

or

or!!!

"Motorcycle (Significance of the Pickle) Song"!!!!!


omfg. What a Great story teller!!!

And of course There wouldn't be an Arlo...
if there weren't ever a Woody.
That's right, Woody Guthrie


mmmhm.



You know..


This land is your land...This land is my laaand...
*shrugs* can't go wrong.
Its an American classic...
I think that it speaks to Americans because...
we are Really good at saying "This land is your land [so clearly] this land is [also] my land!!!"


Anyway...
What a cool family of great musicians...
It really is...pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Cycle Ninja said...

I just broke out and sang the chorus to "City of New Orleans." One of my all-time favorites.

Just like you!