Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On the Brak Show

I LIKE HUBCAPS!




Now... I've posted about the brak show before, I think...
maybe...
maybe not.

I've been a fan for years, though
here's a 38second example of WHY!!


ITS just hilarious.



And I have season 1 and 2 on DVD
and I tell you what...Most watched DVDs of my collection
But more importantly,
one of my favorite parts is the "We're Buds" song
on the
Brak Album

which features this song:



About a magic toenail
I find it DISGUSTING....

Back to the "we're buds..." song
*surfing internet to try and find it*

I couldn't find the sound clip,
so here are the words.....
poetic GENIUS

"Jo Dee:
I'm not like you,
Brak:
And you're not like me. Hee hee!
Jo Dee:
We're about as different
Brak:
I know! As different can be.
Jo Dee:
We don't look the same.
Brak:
We don't act the same.
Jo Dee:
We're from different species
Brak:
With different names.
Jo Dee:
You're from outer space.
Brak:
You're from somewhere else.
Jo Dee:
You wear a uniform.
Brak:
And it really smells!
Both:
We're buds, we're buds, through thick or thin,
Side by side
Brak:
Like bowlin' pins!
Jo Dee:
They say that opposites attract.
Brak:
That's right,
Jo Dee:
It's a fact,
Brak:
Oh yeah,
Both:
We're buds!
[The Easter Island statues whistle the bridge.]
Brak:
Sing it, baby!
Jo Dee:
Though you're not like me,
Brak:
I toldja, I know!
And I'm not like you. I toldja.
Jo Dee:
Brak, we must have something in common.
Brak:
Sure! Well, um, no - I don't believe we do.
Jo Dee:
You're so brash and bold.
Brak:
You're so cool and calm.
Jo Dee:
I own a big old house,
Brak:
I live with my Mom!
Jo Dee:
I'm extremely smart.
Brak:
I'm extremely not.
Jo Dee:
I like vichyssoise!
Brak:
I like tater tots!
Jo Dee:
You got great big fangs!
Brak:
They came with my head!
Jo Dee:
Don't know how or why,
Brak:
But it's like we said!
Both:
We're buds, we're buds, through high and low,
Brak:
Like Fred and Ricky on the Lucy Show!
Jo Dee:
They say that opposites attract.
Brak:
You got that right, sister!
Jo Dee:
And it must be true, hey, look at me and Brak!
Both:
It's a fact,
Brak:
Oh yeah,
Both:
We're buds!
[The Easter Island statues whistle and sway.]
Brak:
I harmonized there and it was pretty.
Both:
We're buds!
We're buds!
[Jo Dee Messina giggles]"

1 comment:

Such-Great-Heights said...

Thanks for playing that for me last night. It made me laugh.