Friday, September 7, 2007

On a foggy ride



While in Two harbors, I couldn't resist
the winding, smooooth, hilly roads.
Safe to say I was up at the buttcrack of dawn
Saturday morning and hit the highway.
The elevation map from the route I planned
was deceiving a bit. What seemed to be really
steep climbs turned out to be 3mile long stretches
up and up and up and up.
And when the fog is so thick...





You can't even see that climb in front of you
all you see are a few yellow lines
and the condensation dripping off the front of your helmet
and if you glance quick off to the side
there's bound to be
flagging as you go by, ready to hop over fences
and back into the woods.

Safe to say, it was a magical ride.
Such solitude in it
in that heavy fog that saturated my long-sleeve
jersey and soaked right through my shoes
I even got an earache from the chill
but it was Okay because ....because I was
somewhere that wasn't here
(not that I"m not extremely happy being here
its just the joy of new and different scenery)

When I got back home from my ride
I went out again:


:)
Its amazing how good rides can be alone
and how good they can be with good company, too.
All kinds of fun.



Wednesday was stbn...

Happy b-day Adam
Happy stbn all of us.
cheers.

No comments: