Friday, September 7, 2007

On the best Bike Store in the nation (according to me)

*siiiiiigh*
I was prepping miss Gloria for a ride this weekend
and in the processssss snapped the shifter cable...
dayyyum.
Problem 2...while cleaning my tires, I realized that I had
procrastinated plenty long enough aaaaand if I didn't
get a new set, I'd be flat and flatter in No time
ESPECIALLY w/ a century ride 2 days away.

So it was declared.
Friday I would have to have some quality BikeWorld time

I did.
I take miss Gloria in and say with all sorts of sadness
"guys, my baby's broooooken *sad face*"
So they walk it back, and I follow her
(no 'stay in the waiting room' for me...i seem to have that privvy)
So I chat a bit with Steve....tell him what I need...
And walk back to look at the wall of tires
I see a navy blue set that I like....mmmmm pretty
and the standard black.....mmmmm classic.
And I walk back to Gloria who they've got on the work stand
(like when they're planning on keeping someone
in the hospital for a bit and they get them a bed......)
and I hold up the navy blue and say "yeah, this would be Nice"
But oooh know, the good people of BikeWorld
come and say "oh Kim, ooooh Kim, if you're going to go
blue, you've got to go THIS blue"
and I'm presented with a pair of delicious light blue tires
de.lic.ious.
spell it.
with drool down my mouth I say. Yes.
They were some tire of the month special a while ago
and had been ordered for one of the employees bikes ...in the wrong size.
ALAS .......they could be Mine. All mine.
So I look and look and say
HEY.....do you have matching handle bar tape?
*grin*
the same person who ordered the tires ordered matching tape...
that she had forgotten about soooo YES.
Yes Kim, there is matching, perfectly matching, handle bar tape.

Victory is mine.

I go eat Panera while they take care of my lady....
And when i get back...what to my surprise......
Its not just that there are the beautiful new tires and tape
but they thought of putting matching water bottle cages on too!!!!

aaaand now for your curious eyes
BEHOLD:



(madeline got jealous that she wasn't getting her picture taken at all)

Gloria's little make-over.
And I thought she could Never be more beautiful....
boy was I wrong.
That's one hell-of-a-hott-bike.

Thanks BikeWorld
(one more plug for ya....)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gloria looks beautiful! yay! :)

Such-Great-Heights said...

I really dig Gloria's gender neutral-ness. Does she wear whatever pants fit her, too?