Saturday, December 29, 2007

on break

I'm going to do this as if it were an epic tale...
starting with right NOW.
...I'm sitting alone (i looove solidarity now and then)
and doing some work
listening to the
"adult alternative" (of which I am neither of, really)
but its good, currently playing some Feist

and about three minutes ago
decided to look at ye ol'
alanis morissette website
*siiigh*
I found this


and its really exciting
not just another album in April...
but oh no...
a book!??!??!??!?
AND a movie of sorts?????
*goo*
someone fan me please.


At any rate
it is officially half way through "winter break"
and I feel like its FLOWN
so I'm enjoying these moments that draw themselves out
I'm enjoying that its 1:30pm and I feel like all I've done is relax
(and vacuumed and picked up from my camping, and done laundry
and dropped some work stuff off at work..hmmm)
At any rate, its another great opportunity for sharing
a bit about my break
I'll have to do it in parts or this will become terribly long...

SO
part winter break 1.1

I drove home on Friday after work
The Folds family happened to be heading eastward at about the same time. So along the foggy I-80 we went. We stopped for Custard at Culvers in Rock Falls and said our final goodbyes (for real this time…but still as if we weren’t going to see each other for 6 months. And sometimes, somehow…5 days can seem like 6 months…).

Home was home when I got there –

(please note that the bear on My stocking
a: has wings...the halo is hiding probably and
b: is sleeping.... ahhhh i Love sleep...)
and that’s not to say that home is “home”…just that it was same ‘ol same ‘ol.
About six times over, my padre told me the story of how he hit a deer with his car. He came back and got amie and my uncle joe to go back with him to track the deer down. She had broken one of her back legs, so didn’t get terribly far, a couple hundred yards. It wasn’t enough to kill her though…so with knife in had he sits on the deer, holding her front legs down, uses one hand to pull back her head and starts sawing away at her neck. Amie tells the story much better… but admits that the pleasure he got out of doing that…was a little nerve-wracking. Anywho… they field dressed the deer and drug it out…and I’m sure later this year that little doe will be served up right in some chili or…something.

I think its gross. But I suppose its better than leaving that poor little doe out in the cold with a broken leg…



Anyway
Sunday....
Sunday i baked almost all day with my mom!
well...by "all day" ...
it means after we did some shopping
last-minute present wrapping
and breakfast



2 comments:

Such-Great-Heights said...

Saying goodbye to you for a few days was like six months...especially when its stressful times with family (on both ends).

Thank you for letting me finally meet your mom...it makes me feel more connected to you, and I like that.

And for everything else that happens(ed), you know I'm always there to listen...or drive to get you.

Cycle Ninja said...

Further proof that where Pampered Chef merchandise is concerned, you can't stop it, you can only hope to contain it...