Thursday, December 20, 2007

On post number 101

sooo
this is my 101st post...
quite an accomplishment considering that...
well I generally give up/get bored with things
and move on from then within...
a few days
...And ESPECIALLY during busy school times...

which reminds me:



Grades were posted.
And for all of the.... "being 21" that I did this semester
guitar hero I played
20hours of work (ish) a week that I did
vacations I took (or was graciously taken on...)
Grey's that I watched
and relationships that were developed...
I'd say.... Not bad.
Not bad at All.

BUT!
What I was originally going to post about
was the concept of my boredom lately
The posts where I proclaim my distaste for my job
(which I freakin love...
i have NO room, none whatsoever to complain about it
there is a Wonderful staff here,
I have the biggest office,
i come and go when I please
and the more I mess up...really just
means more hours i get to work!!!)
were more about my boredom with Life in general.

Sometimes I really question if....drawing pictures all day...

is what I want to end up doing.
I mean, I can't say enough how much I really do enjoy it
but...part of me wonders....
Wow...I could be one hell of a salesperson
in fact...
Lisa F (if you look up on that grade report...
she's my advisor as well as ARTGR 470 instructor
told me I could sell ketchup on a stick to a lady in white...
And i have no doubt!

But I'm sure I'd get bored with that, too.
I suppose that there is a lot of 'selling' in graphic design, though...
selling the concept, selling... the color scheme...

Anyway...
I have a way in which this ties into unattainability
(of myself)
but it got lengthy and illogical
so I'll post it at a later date..





SPEAKING OF BORING...ish...
the annual report is in its final stages
we need copy from the director, floyd...
aaand...a few tiny nudges here and there
here's a sneak peek:






2 comments:

Kris said...

That's one snappy annual report. The designer who did that has Mad skills.

Unknown said...

Congrats on a great semester! The grades were great too ;)

So I hear you have some swampland in Florida to sell me?