Tuesday, May 13, 2008

On Living Places and Spaces

Recently I've been embarking on the task of trying to find
somewhere to live next year.
It hasn't been easy, but I haven't really been trying Terribly hard, either.
But recently...I've found a few spaces.
The skinny is that I'll be having a pseudo roomate
who will use the space as a work area/studio space.

I believe it will be a blast.
And if all goes as planned (and that's just Begging for disaster, isn't it?)
I'll even be able to have a dog.
WHICH because K is there during the day working...
the dog won't even get lonely while I'm away at class!!! Spectacular!

If I had ONE fear though, it would be that
Kris' space would look something like this:

and mine probably more like:

hahaha
kidding (ish)
mine would definitely have clothes scattered across the floor
and a few bikes tossed here and there...and a funky stench of dirty clothes...

But K...
can we have Yellow bucket lights??? Those a freakin' sweet.

It really makes me think more though
about "Creative Space"

With K writing, and me doing grad work...
I can only hope that there is loud Awesome music
(brandi carlile?? Alanis??)

blazing through the open windows
And that light and bright colors flood each room
Books tossed all around...
graphic design books, writing books, and cycling magazines maybe?
And plants! There will definitely be some house plants!
All things that spark creativity and motivation.
We'll maybe hang up pictures like this:

and maybe make our own cool things to hang up...that are kind of like this:

And for study breaks,
we grab a PBR or two and sit out on the front porch with Luda

no not THAT Luda...
I'll tell you more about Luda later, maybe, if Luda happens...

And in the evenings, we'll have campfires in the back yard.

This could Really be an ...Amazing summer...

1 comment:

Cycle Ninja said...

I've gotten a ton of laughs out of that Ronald McDonald picture. Hilarious.

Can't sleep--clowns will eat me...
Can't sleep--clowns will eat me...
Can't sleep--clowns will eat me...