Thursday, May 22, 2008

On Underneath

GO WATCH THIS!!
its the new Alanis video for Underneath.
I know I've already posted on this before, BUT REALLY!!?
I didn't say much of anything more about it.

My favorite part of the video is right here:


Where you have to pause to catch it,
but the "gentle" tattoo... Amazing.

The song itself though...
I love its message.
And how its applicable
For me, I interpret as how...
what's happening within me shows up in the outer world
and instead of putting all my energy into
fixing things outside of me and trying to tweak all the symptoms,

"There is no difference
In what we’re doing in here
That doesn’t show up as symptoms out there
So why spend all our time undressing our bandages
When we’ve the ultimate key to the cause
right here all underneath."

really looking at the cause of it, which is my internal world
----self-hatred or self-love, or raage, etc. ----
and I think that...what Underneath is trying to say...
is that its more effective long term to put your energy into That
as opposed to trying to tweak everything 'out there' in a way that....
....is not sustainable....

and won't make for long term effects.

No comments: