Thursday, October 11, 2007

On the post you've been waiting for

It wasn't too long ago that we celebrated
OKTOBERFEST!
With some LeftHanded brew
an apple cider mix
and one hell-of-a-spread to fill
our vacant stomachs
We were ready for anything...
Mickey greeted folks with her polkas
even taught a few steps.
Reggie and I...took care of that
apple cider...
and of some cherries
aaaand some Oktoberfest brews
aaaaaaaaaand some Hamms (what's a party w/o Hamms?)
Of course.....
Guitar Hero was also featured.


The next day we woke up and...
took a trip down to the good 'ole DSM.
There was a World Food Festival happening
and let me tell you...the dogs
the food
the ....

I think I'll go get a spring roll, thanks.

It was a pretty amazing afternoon
very relaxing,
refreshing,
needed.


And of course....
it may have only been...12 hours since
the OKTOBERFEST celebration


But ...what is a World Food thang
w/o a .......gay bar.
No worries...it was just the only place open
where else were we supposed to go?
While there, though.
We met up with two delightful ladies
they were nice and social
and certainly made our afternoons complete


So after some tomato based alcohol
a naked lady on the beach
some new friends
and delicious food
we made our way home...

for none other than the
Packers vs. Bears game
aaaand Wii playing.

...ThankYou Wii friends who I just
met at OKTOBERFEST, it was very enjoyable...
are there any leftovers?? I like leftovers.....

2 comments:

Cycle Ninja said...

From Bill Maher:

"Just because you're drunk and it's October, it doesn't make it Octoberfest. When you drink in November, it's not Novemberfest. It's just Thanksgiving and you hate your relatives. Besides, we already know what happens when people get drunk and start acting like Germans." (shot of Mel Gibson's mug shot)

Such-Great-Heights said...

It was a true Oktoberfest....well, until I started making people take penalty shots for not holding the left hand beer in their left hand...and I myself got caught. P.S. we drank some of that on vacation, and even in the midst of family, I always drank it from the left hand.

PPS. That GH pic kinda freaks me out.