Sunday, October 7, 2007

On a Mad World

I had a dream the other night and I kept being asked this over
and over
and over and over
and over and over and over again.

what are you thinking about...
what are you thinking about...
what...are you....
thinking about......
what are you thinking about
*and as usual it ended with a BANG

And I never could answer.
It was never because it was anything earth shattering
it was always just....me not wanting to take the energy
to just say it.
verbalize it.

But what the hell Am I usually thinking about?
usually its just convos in my head w/ myself
Sometimes they're funny
"remember that time when we went to Angie's kitchen...?"
sometimes not as much
I think that mostly.....its that moment in donnie darko
right before the jet engine *SPOILER*
crashes into his room in the last scene
but he crawls into bed and just laughs....
because he knows its coming, and...there's not much
else to do...
but laugh. at how surreal it is
and really, how funny it all turns out to be in the end
maybe funny isn't the word.....ironic. (don't you think?) (haha...alanis)
I don't know.......about minute 1:38


Whatever...
in other news...
I hate printing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




3 comments:

Such-Great-Heights said...

I don't know if it's just the song, or the idea of wanting to fly...but that just makes me sad inside :-(

Maybe if I looked at it another way, I'd be happy to see that he achieved his goal...learning to fly.

Its dangerous business walking... said...

yeah. except he ended up not flying and crashed to his death............

Kris said...

I don't think the "what are you thinking about" was a dream...i'm pretty sure it was me annoying you.

:)