Friday, January 18, 2008

On one week worth of class







One week in.
and a class that I'm in...of 7 people...
a hand picked group of 7 people
and Today already we present to the Dean of the college of design
pretty neat
but it meant that the 7 of us have had to put together a proposal
I only posted a few slides...but its actually 46 slides long...

I think a lot of people wonder "what's so hard about graphic design"
I mean, don't we just sit around and come up with ideas and draw pretty pictures?
Yeah, sure, that's a lot of it...
but we've also got to sell those ideas
negotiate a budget
earn the client's trust
research our client
put together proposals such as the above
(would your presentation to your class look half that good?)
and all in an insanely quick turn-around time...

and that's just one 2-credit class.

....one more semester...one more.

i dropped volleyball... haha. awesome.

5 comments:

Kris said...

One week down, fifteen to go

Such-Great-Heights said...

I think you are just wonderful.

And wonderful in that sense of...you're so dedicated to the task at hand, and so passionate about making the best effort you can. I admire that.

I hope your presentation went well. I feel like I haven't gotten to hear much about your classes yet because of how my week has gone. I look forward to hearing more.

s said...

I don't know who those people are that think graphic design is easy...it requires creativity, skill, and the ability to put those two things together. So I think you are extremely talented!!!

Cycle Ninja said...

For the record, I don't know anything about graphic design, but I know a thing or two about writing ad copy for radio, and I sucked at THAT. I can't imaging trying to toss in a pretty picture, either. I'm glad I don't do that anymore.

Unknown said...

Let's be honest...anyone who thinks its easy couldn't do it if they tried...you are an extremely gifted and talented designer, and being able to put all of those pieces together is an amazing thing! The end is in sight...and I know darn well you can see clearly..even with your eyes ;)