Saturday, January 12, 2008

On Being Back!

Well folks
I survived

snowshoeing across only half frozen lakes in the boundary waters

pulling 60 pound sleds - that...tip over

bush-whacking with those sleds


falling through ice

...this was all...very difficult:

moving tents at 1am because the ice below us was cracking
building a quinsy




tripods in the snow...anyone?

living with 8 [no-longer] strangers for a full week
sleeping in 0 degree weather
dreams about hanging with sharon osborne (spelling?)

building campfires on ice




building a kitchen — out of snow!


Bos peeing outside of our tent

me peeing ....away from the tent, but in the snow...
upper camp attacking lower camp with snowballs

building a snowman

eating more candy bars in one week than I have in a year


cold cold cold toes
eagen...our fearless leader...falling


trench foot
pretending there were brown bears out there...

*singing* Alice the camel has...10 humps...
cross country skiing


ice climbing





long drives in a 12 paassenger van
getting unstuck from the snow in a 12 passenger van


hotelling with those same 8 strangers


dairy queen closing at 8 and not 9
making it to dq on time the Next day

Tobie's restaurant ....that has 3 parts to it...like freakin...disney land
losing my license
forgetting my phone
walking my sled home after it all


most of all
missing the Folds Family and crew

made me sing this song in my head a Lot

except during the
"starring out at endless fields of green"
it was.... endless lakes of...snow.
There are miles of trees like I've never seen"

:)

I'll post pictures when Betsy (from the trip)
gets an album up on facebook and I can link from there
:)
It'll help explain a lot more!

2 comments:

Such-Great-Heights said...

I just wanted to be closer to you....too.

Seriously, no more of this vacationing separate.

So, I might've looked up pictures on google of trench foot...and needless to say, I almost lost a waffle over them. I hope it wasn't THAT bad.

Cycle Ninja said...

Trench foot, huh? I haven't heard that term since the last time I read "All Quiet on the Western Front." And I'm the type of dweeb who reads those sort of books for my own pleasure, not just for a grade in a class.

LOSE THE RANDOM PERIODS! I BEG YOU!!!