Thursday, November 15, 2007

On running

I...I went running yesterday...
25-30mph winds...gusts up around 50...
no joke.

But I took my good friend Nutmeg and we did it anyway.


As I was running I couldn't help but think...
This is stupid.
This is...this is...slightly self destructive.
painful...its cold...tiring...burning lungs...
i nearly roll my ankle every half mile...

but I couldn't help but cherish the revulting thought that...
even if I quit, there was not a chance in hell I'd stop.
in fact, I'd kick the bucket 60 times before i kicked the habit

looking back, it seems a bit maltreating
i could just go to the rec, where its warm...run in circles.
Or i could nap.... far far less 'productive' .....
or do homework.
But its not the same.

*sigh*
makes me want to go give my self another beating.
...hope Nutmeg's ready.

3 comments:

Such-Great-Heights said...

wow. um, yeah.

whoa. i think you have it in you.

Cycle Ninja said...

Will the real dog please step forward?

anand jay said...

you are such a stud.