Friday, November 23, 2007

On a plane and back again

as a precurser
for larger pictures, checkout the facebook album
riiight here
aaand if you'd like Original sized pics...
e-mail me.

Well well
Friday afternoon
Kris and I headed up to MN...
we grabbed the Mickey from a coffee shop
(thankyou Garmin GPS thinger)
And on a plane we were...
off to Arizona!!!


We went to Sedona!!!


and climbed around on the rocks!!!

We spent some quality time with
Rob and Kyle...super great guys...
real great.

The weather was FANTASTIC

and is fantastic just about Every day out there...
hmph.




While there Mickey and myself
learned a few important lessons
the first being that...

cacti BITE!
well they don't bite, but the thingers
the little yellow tiny thingers
stick into your skin. Its weird.



while doing some hiking
We saw some neat looking walls
that were begging us to climb them..
so I tied up my shoes a bit better
and up we tried to go...

to no avail.
oh well.

Later on we played us some cribbage
such a quality time.
I finally figured out how to count cards
in a sensical manner...hmmm
just takes a while to readjust, y'know!

And we went to the ZOO!!!
where I stopped often to take pictures of
their wonderful wayfinding signage...
as well as some of the Awful exhibit designs...

job security...
job security.

BUT one of the cooler things
was that their information/talking things
were solar powered...

which makes sense, since its...
almost always sunny there.

And we saw giraffes!


and elephants
and tons of other animals whose names I cannot spell.

It did get up to 89 degrees that day...
so we had a few water breaks.....

the neat part was that the water
from those fountains were ICE cold...
unbelievable.
It was very nice.


the signs were...pretty magnificent

we all

really liked the zoo, safe to say.

I even saw what my future home will hopefully be like..

a shanty, a bike, and a hydrant for my dog to pee on...
as if the woods all around won't be enough...
I think if it is THAT small though,
I may have to sleep standing up. That would be...
unfortunate.


some pictures I took just...
for pretty-sake.

I like to think of this one as
mickey trying to play leap-frog and missing...

it happens.

Then we went shopping the rest of that day
and buzzing around...relaxing mostly.
Performance Bicycles had a store there
and major deals. We got jerseys for $15!!!

We relaxed, watch football, enjoyed fantastic meals...
I changed the flat tires on the boys' mt bikes
....It really was ....just great company and a lot of fun.

Thanks Kyle and Rob for all of your hospitality. :)


Then we flew back to MN on Tuesday (yeah, its only Tuesday!)
...I don't remember what we did.
Kris made an apt. for her tattoo
and we doodled around.
We had been at the airport since 6:30am...and the
flight got in at about 2pm...so loong day of traveling.

Wednesday, almost all day, I worked on
my digital photography project.
I really don't have anymore work for that
class the rest of the semester. That's neat.
Kris got her tattoo, which looks AMAZING.
aaand we went to the mall of America's
Underground Aquarium thing. It was Wonderful!

We visited some friends of Kris'
Amy and Nick...
and their AMAZING little guy, Jack.
oh geez.
oh geez.
call the police...
this kid freakin'
stole
my
heart.


Amy and Nick were wonderful as well
very entertaining and welcoming folks.

Then Wednesday night
we went to a Tina concert!!!!!!

that's not video from This concert
but in case you don't know who Tina is...
its a pretty good idea?

it was a lot of fun and the whole crowd knew
most all of the words!

K. I need to get back to work...
maybe more later.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Great assessment of the trip. Makes me smile to remember all the fun.

Thanks for doing your part to make it a memorable vacation.

melisma said...

What a great post, and wonderful photos! Looks like it was a pretty fantastic time. :)

-mel

s said...

I have a tee-shirt for you that I bought this weekend but doesn't quite fit me. You will love it :)

Cycle Ninja said...

That is some seriously amazing scenery.

I used to be able to scale walls like that, but then the doctors removed the suckers I was born with on my finger tips. (It's a long story).

Later.