Monday, July 7, 2008

On a Photo Vaca




Here it is foolks!
The photo run-down!

Those up above there are from when Jared and I couldn't find a campsite.
We settled for that Motel 8 with mr. Luda pants.
We ate bagels out of the back of my car...

Then up in MN
we...had some beers


I'm happy to point out that I have larger arms than Jared
;)
don't mess w/ me BOY!

There was AMAZING people-watching
Example 1: this cute cute girl and her tongue sticking out



-------------------------------

Then, Just as I said, I headed home!
Amie moved into her house!!
My mom and I helped her paint her room (blue)


She really likes bright things.
Plus her new bedroom furniture and bedding and such is a neat brown. So it all looks great
and the blue really helps everything come to life.

Her gutters and such ...well decomposing is...the best word for it.
So Cousin Bob came over and cleaned that Out.
Uncle Joe came and edged her sidewalk and such. Such good family.
My grandpa gave her a cherry tree as a gift - he helped her plant it, too.


Its a really really cute and awesome house!
I'm super proud and happy for her!
Yaaaay Amie!
Luda already pooped in her bathroom while she watched him...and I went to Michigan.
bwahahaha. ...he ate the roundup she sprayed on her weeds.




-------------------------------


The Off to michigan I went!
First:
my room:

Jared, Kris, Mickey... I love to cuddle with you guys...
but oooooh a nice big bed all to myself...maaaagical.

I had a blast taking pictures



One of the evenings, down at camp,
there was a kids carnival thinger where they ...play games and get tokens
and turn the tokens in for ...prizes (sugar and such...)
These are my cousins Keenan and Sierra,

Watching their brother do some rock stacking.
Trevor came Really close (by 2 rocks!) to getting the record in the Rock Stacking competition...
he won free ice cream, anyway.


After the events, we had Ice Cream in the wig-wam.
Yum!!!


And I took pictures


The next day, we went sight seeing!!!

This is the view from the scenic lookout down to our beach area

We went and saw a lighthouse, too
we even got to take a tour of the inside!


I took more pictures


But being me,
I liked the outside area of the lighthouse MUCH better:



From there we headed up to Sleeping Bear Dunes!!!
First we did the big dune that you can run up
Hence...my cousins taking off together to go tackle the climb

The fam:


We made it to the top!

We also made it safely down
and I apparently felt the need to ...show my musCles.
I am a freakin' Tigress.


We drove through the National Park part, too and ...I took more pictures
;)
I think that I am going to frame this one ...something about it:


This was the sunset.... From the bench at our beach area...
magic:

And...just another view of the beach
*mmmhm, bet you're wishing you were there...I wish I was there again...already...*


These are some of my favorite pictures from the trip
Thanks mom for posing!!!






Soon enough, I took off for a bike ride!!!! I did on Thursday, the day we drove up,
but Saturday rolled around and....I needed a REAL ride...
like...sickening long and REAL...

So that's what I did
108 miles later
a few NICE climbs
(okay, I'll be honest, I didn't think I'd make those last two home...
they hurt. Hurt like a mo' fo')
But in the end, my tan lines are Great
and ...I even felt great the next day! It wasn't too bad, at all!
It was ...amazing. That riding is...damn hard to beat.

The parts that were along lakes or the coast line were just...
mind blowing. You have GOT to try it sometime...



And this was my sundown.
It was some AMAZING alone time watching it.
I couldn't help but sing Jimmy Eat World's "My Sundown" in my head...






Yeah,
My Sundown.

1 comment:

Cycle Ninja said...

"I am a freakin' Tigress. "

And Jared has the scratches to prove it right? (saucy wink)

And those weren't elevation profiles on those maps, I hope. That would REALLY be a killer climb.

Glad you had fun. And Amie's house looks neat.