Sunday, March 23, 2008

On Moab!

a REALLY long van ride or two


good thing there was an awesome group to go with



For an AMAZING view


some campfire delight


Our first day of biking,
we did Slickrock (Google it)





This was our view while biking


IT EVEN SNOWED ON US!!! But it was short lived...
but I don't really think that pictures do this much justice, so lets try a YouTube video...


This is what the hills are like:


The next day we biked again,
this time we did the Porcupine Rim (google it...)
I did a few sweet things



and I did crash once or twice


BUT it takes more than a bent wheel to stop me...









Again, a better view...



This one is longer, but I recommend jumping to the middle/end parts,
its pretty freakin sweet


We went hiking the next day...

The girls stuck pretty close together

And we all took a TON of pictures
and climbed on tons of...everything


A few boys were in hiphop club, they danced a lot


while the girls lay around
the boys ran over us....

We laid around...a lot...

its SOOO beautiful there
Look, it doesn't even look REAL!



Then we went rockclimbing and bouldering
for the next two days
We did Ice Cream Parlor (again, google it)


I really can't explain how hard it is to climb a wall...
at this angle, with....clearly, nothing really protruding from the wall
Just a crack that your hands can fit in vertically...

This is the crack I'm speaking of...

this part was easier, though....ish.

awesome

And of course we went and saw Arches



This was our campsite!


And this is how you make hobo burgers...errr
not burgers...

uuum balls of meat with some stuff tossed in them


and this is how we made coffee!!!



And these are the people we trusted our lives with:

Carney


Wes


and Bigler


Welp,
Hipe you enjoyed procrastinating from your work via
reading my blog.
It was a GREAT trip
I might even post more later...
its hard to fit One week of awesome into one little post
sooo many stories to tell...

2 comments:

Cycle Ninja said...

You forgot something...every campfire picture MUST have a shot of marshmallows on sticks.

Seriously, welcome home, and PLEASE TAKE ME NEXT TIME!!

Such-Great-Heights said...

What a great trip....the pics really add to the stories, although I did expect more of a "day to day this is what my bruises look like" montage...lol...but I'll live.

Beautiful, Kim, beautiful.